Women are respected in Telugu film industry than in Tamil film industry says Actress Kajal Agarwal


Kajal Agarwal made her debut in Tamil through the film Bommalattam directed by Bharathiraja. She is aged 26 years now. In this age, she has acted in 26 films in Tamil, Telugu and Hindi. In an interview with her:

You are a Punjabi girl brought up in Mumbai. How did you become popular in South Indian films?
My native place is Amritsar. When I was doing my final year in college I got the opportunity to model. Seeing that advertisement I got the opportunity to act in Bommalattam. After this I continued to get offers. My father permitted me to act. I got good offers in Telugu hence I could not refuse them. In fact I was interested to study MBA. I am also unhappy that this is not fulfilled. Before coming to the film industry I use to get up after 11 am. For the last six years I get up early in the morning and am going to the shootings.
Whose pet are you in your house?
I am mother’s pet. If I go out-of-station or foreign countries, my mother only accompanies me. My mother is like a friend to me. I will share everything with my mother. I cannot speak about my boy friends to my father. Even if someone hurts me, I will consult my mother and seek her advice.
Do you feel there is difference between Tamil and Telugu film industries?
Definitely there are lots of changes. The Telugu film industry gives a lot of respect to women than the Tamil film industry. The heroes of the Tamil film industry are given more importance. They consider them as Gods. I am not worried about it.


Written by