I was scared to act with Cheetah in Mariyaan says Actor Dhanush....



Mariyaan is a film which has Dhanush and Parvathy in the lead roles. This film which has been directed by Bharath Bala has the music of A R Rahman. The audio CD of this film was released recently. The press meet of this film was held in Chennai.

Dhanush while speaking at the meet said, "I had acted in Mariyaan with very much difficulty. The climax scenes were shot in Namibia. The director made me act without wearing slippers in the very hot deserts there. I was not able to stand barefooted.
I suffered a lot in the dust and sand. I also thought that I should not have acted in this film. They made me act with cheetah. I was scared seeing it. They made me act with the cheetah for one day. I took so many efforts to act in this film but that has yielded results now.

After seeing the film I felt happy. My long time desire was to act in a film which had the music composition of A R Rahman. That has been fulfilled now. There is importance for music in this film. I have also written a song for this film. The story of this film only instigated me to act in it."
Parvathy while speaking said, " The director after seeing the film Poo gave me the opportunity to act in this film. The film is about Mariyaan character’s life. My role in this film is very wonderful. I was looking like someone else in this film. They have showed me so beautifully."
A R Rahman while speaking said, "Director Bharath Bala who was making documentary and advertisement films have now come to direct a feature film. We are friends. I agreed to compose music without even listening to the story.


Written by