I came up in life after a great struggle says Dhanush....

Films Mariyaan and Ambikapathy which has Dhanush in the lead roles is to be released soon. At this point of time, Dhanush has spoken about his past life. He said, "My family which was very poor has come up to this level. Most of the days, we were in poverty. My father Kasthuri Raja was a labor in a mill. He use to find tough in maintaining the family with the meager remuneration he got. Later on we came to Chennai. My father was in search of a job. I have not eaten any healthy foods. Most of the days we use to eat curd rice only. My father became an assistant director. For 15 years he was an assistant director. Later on he became an independent director. My father and mother brought me up very nicely. In the age of 16 I had acted in the film Thulluvadho Ilamai directed by my father. I was studying 11th standard when I had acted in this film. My next film was Kadhal Konden. This film was directed by my brother Selvaraghavan. I became very popular after this film. There was a good understanding between me and Rajini sir. Our relationship is simple and respectful. If he likes a film, he will come forward to appreciate anyone including me. When the film Kadhal Konden was running in the theatres, I got a call from Rajini’s office asking me to meet him at his farm house. I met him. He appreciated me very much. I am always fan of Rajini sir. This will not change in my life."

Written by