I faced a lot of difficulty in speaking Tamil says Deepika Padukone...

Deepika Padukone mentioned that she was not able to speak in Tamil well while acting in the Hindi film Chennai Express. Chennai Express is a Hindi film which has Shahrukh Khan, Deepika Padukone, Sathyaraj and Manorama in the cast. The story of this film is about the incidents that take place when the hero travels in train from Mumbai to Rameswaram. Deepika has donned the role of a Tamil girl. Deepika Padukone while speaking about this said, “ I got the opportunity to act in this film since I was a South Indian and also knew the Tamil culture. Though I was a Bangalore girl, I was not able to speak Tamil fluently. Though I was dressed like a Tamil girl, I could not pronounce Tamil correctly. I took special training and spoke. I am very thankful to director Rohit Shetty for this.”

Written by