Priya Anand says that she is a Chennai girl...

Actress Priya Anand debuted through the Tamil film Vaamanan. She continued to act in 180. This film made her popular. Now she has donned the female lead role in the recently released film Ethir Neechal which has Sivakarthikeyan in the lead role. This film which has been produced by Dhanush has become a great success. Priya Anand who is currently acting in Vanakkam Chennai shared a few things with us.
 
It is understood that you wanted to become a assistant director?
 
Yes but after coming to cinema only I understood that it was a tough task. When I saw the plight of assistant directors, I felt that I had escaped. Still I am interested to learn the technological matters.
 
What is the difference between other language films and Tamil films?
 
There is no much difference as far as the shooting is concerned but there is difference in production and promoting the films. Before the release of the Hindi films, the whole team will start promoting the films. It is a very rare thing here.
 
Is it true that you missed a Tamil film because of English Vinglish?
 
It is true but no one can say what will happen in one’s life. Though I missed the Tamil film, I learnt a lot while acting in English Vinglish. Whatever I should get, it will come to me.
 
Do you like Chennai?
 
What are you asking? I am a pure Chennai girl. Whenever I leave Chennai to other places for shooting, I will really miss Chennai. Though I am acting in Hindi films I like to act in lots of Tamil films.
 
Your favourite actress?
 
The actress who surprised me was Sridevi madam. She is acting in films right from the age of 4 till now. I am really proud if I think about the achievements that she has made. Budding actresses like me can learn lots of things watching her films.



Written by