Poorna says that she wept because she never knew Tamil....


 Actress Poorna made her debut through the Tami film Muniyandi Vilangial Moonramandu. She was called as ‘Little Asin’ by Vijay. Poorna continued to act in numerous Tamil films including Kodaikanal, Kandhakottai and Drohi. Poorna is currently acting in half a dozen Tamil films including Jannal Oram directed by Karu Pazhaniappan. She gave us a special interview:

You are coming and going now and then. Why is it not possible to sustain a permanent place for yourself in the film industry?
I have been in the film industry for the last 7 years. After acting in some films, I decided to quit acting and concentrate on dancing but cinema pulled me. Now I am busy in Tamil films. I am confident that I will be one of the leading actresses of Tamil film industry.
Why are you not acting with big heroes? I am not able to understand. I am really disappointed. I came to cinema without any support. As far as possible I want to act in good films. There is lots of time for that. I am not urging to act with leading heroes.
You experience in acting in Tamil films?I made my debut in the Tamil film Muniyandi Vilangial Moonramandu. I faced lots of difficulty because I was not able to understand Tamil. Some of my sequences had six to seven takes. I use to weep because of this but director Thiru Murugan consoled me and made me act.

Your favourite film in which you have acted?
Muniyandi Vilangial Moonramandu. I use to see the film many times. I like this film very much. I have kept notes of the scenes that I have not acted well. I will see to that I will not commit the same mistakes in my forthcoming films.
What kind of characters do you like?Right from my childhood days I have learnt dancing. So I am interested to don the role which gives importance to dance. As far as heroines are concerned, they can be in the field for six or seven years. Actresses like Revathy, Shobana and Suhasini are still being spoken about. The reason for this is because of the roles they have donned. I am interested in such kind of roles.
Had you not come to cinema, which profession would you have chosen?To tell the truth I would have become a dance teacher. Definitely I will become a dance teacher someday.
What would you like to say to your fans?I feel that Tamil cinema is distant. These days shooting of films are taking place in Hyderabad. I am really missing Chennai people and Tamil Nadu food. Very soon I will be shifting to Chennai. I need your support. If there are any minuses, kindly pardon me. Very soon I will become a plus. I want to do challenging roles and act in good films. Above all I need your affection.



Written by